Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time to Play Catch Up!

Mother's day weekend has come and gone. My mom came for a fun but short visit and I managed to get her scrapbook done ON TIME! She was beyond thrilled and said she was going to call her friend Dee to tell her she had a "60s" scrapbook too!

So yesterday it was time to start back up on my books. I keep three main scrapbooks right now. One is family book of all the major events in our lives and then my daughters each get their own book. To let you know how behind I am, the last thing I scrapped in my family book was 4th of July 2008, in my older daughters book it was her 2nd birthday, and in my younger daughters book it was her 1 month photos. YIKES! My baby is now 1 and my older daughter 3, where did a year go?!?! When I step into my craft room it's all about the scrapbook pages now, unless of course I have a birthday card I need to make, but I'm going to try my best to stay focused.

I made this layout following this weeks sketch (# 56) over at Triple the Sketch. It's the first time I have played along there. Here is the link to the original post with the Sketch, HERE.

This layout is of THE TREADWAYS coming to visit me and my family. We love you, come back soon!




I used Friendly Forest paper and journaling cards on this layout. The two heart and HOOT stamps are Sassafras. The T is a CTMH font and the swirl under the journaling tag is from Unity Stamp Co. I used CTMH baby blue and sweet leaf inks.

5 comments:

lori vliegen said...

cute layout! i love the orange background, and your owl images are so sweet! glad you had a good time with your mom! :)

Alisa said...

great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Alisa (TTS DT)

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing.

Patter Cross said...

Love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing along, and the winner will be announced soon! :)

Susan Coish said...

You did an awesome job interpreting the sketch! Thanks for playing along with TTS!!